Tuesday, July 31, 2007

sempre un passo avanti

Partners to get marriage-style financial rights
Change of law would allow claims for property and pensions on separation

Clare Dyer, legal editor
Tuesday July 31, 2007
The Guardian

Unmarried couples who split up will be given the right to make divorce-style claims for financial support from their partners, under final recommendations unveiled today.
The Law Commission has concluded that couples with children, or those who have been living together for a minimum period - they suggest between two and five years - should be able to seek most of the same financial remedies as people going through a divorce.

Partners would be able to claim lump sums, the right to live in the family home and possibly a share of their partner's pension, under the new rights recommended by the independent body which advises the government on law reform.

il resto sul guardian

e noi siamo ancora a parlare dei PACS